The Youth Intern will be responsible for leading the youth at NewLife to move up and out in New Life in Jesus Christ through outreach and discipleship in collaboration with the staff team and the church family.
- Growing, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ
- A life that is producing the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- A love for people and especially for youth and their families
- A desire and pursuit of holiness and purity in their own lives
- A functional knowledge of God’s Word and how to apply it to life
- A burning desire to see people come to know Jesus
- Ability to work on a team and manage volunteers
- Communication and organization
- Leadership skills in managing groups of students
- Ability to disciple and mentor students and adults
- Interpersonal aptitude and relational connectivity
*as an intern we are committed to assisting you in developing these areas.
The Youth Intern will be a learner first and a leader second. While significant responsibility will be entrusted to this position over time, the Youth Intern will be expected to assume a posture of teachability and a willingness to receive direction, correction, and instruction from the pastoral staff and leadership. The nature of internship is for development and growth in ministry skills, spiritual leadership and personal awareness of strengths and weaknesses in life and leadership. As such, a humble attitude of the heart is a key to success for this ministry internship.
The term will be from Spring/Summer 2019 to the end of June 2020.
The Youth Intern will be responsible for leading the youth ministry at NewLife church. This includes:
- Strategic calendar and ministry planning with intentional events for worship, outreach, discipleship, and leadership development
- Building Biblical community within the youth group and working to make NewLife Youth a healthy, safe and welcoming environment
- Planning a weekly Bible Study for youth grades 7-9 and youth grades 10-12
- Working with a team of parents to establish a pre-teen ministry to grades 4-6
- Resourcing parents to be the primary disciple-makers for their children
- Recruiting and training a team for leading NewLife Youth Ministry
The Youth Intern will assist the Children’s Ministry Assistant by serving and teaching downstairs during one of the services on Sunday Mornings.
- Working downstairs on Sunday mornings to assist with the chronological teaching of the bible to the older children during one of the services
- Recruiting volunteers from within the youth to serve alongside of them with the children on Sunday Mornings
The Youth Intern will also be available to serve the church family and staff team at NewLife by stepping up to serve in their area of passion, gifting and ability to help advance the mission of Jesus Christ at NewLife church. Some possible areas would include:
- Technology and Video Development
- Pastoral Ministry
- Hands-on service ministry
- Biblical Counseling
Work Schedule and Accountability
The Youth Intern will work full-time hours and will adjust their work schedule to accommodate the ministry needs and schedule of the youth. They will keep regular office hours each week to stay connected with the staff team.
Any time-off or holidays will be arranged with the Lead Pastor according to the requirements of the Province of Saskatchewan and the staff policies of NewLife church. The Youth Intern will be accountable to the Lead Pastor in all areas unless otherwise stated. Ministry goals and objectives will be discussed weekly and every three months a review will be scheduled with the Lead Pastor. At the end of the internship an exit interview will be conducted with the Youth Intern.
The Intern will be payed full-time equivalent of 16.00 per hour. Holiday pay will be paid as per Saskatchewan Labour regulations.
The pastoral staff will commit to active mentorship of the intern for the duration of the internship. They will support and encourage the intern throughout the whole process with the goal that clarity in God’s leading and will for their future ministry is clarified through this time of learning and leading.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.