The Children’s Ministry Assistant is
the key staff person responsible for leading volunteers and children up and out
in new life in Jesus Christ at NewLife on Sunday mornings.
Ministry Goal: To help every child (and volunteer) to move up and out in new life in Jesus Christ.
This goal will be accomplished through a comprehensive Sunday morning ministry which includes intentional times of fellowship and relationship building, corporate worship and systematic chronological teaching from the Bible with appropriate learning activities – all scaled according to the learning stage and age of each group of children.
- Love for God & a growing relationship with Jesus
- Love for children and families
- Heart for outreach and for kids and families to experience new life in Jesus
- Passion to see kids discover and live the truth of God’s Word
- Invested in the NewLife vision of moving up and out in New Life in Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to NewLife as your home church and your spiritual family.
- Servant heart and humble attitude
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Motivator and influencer of people
- Leadership experience and success in leading volunteer teams
- Proven recruiter
- Ability to manage stress, chaos, change and complexity
- Teachable and willingness to learn and adapt as necessary
- Aptitude in team-based leadership and mission
- Skilled teacher and able to mentor other teachers
- Recruiting and training volunteers to serve in children’s ministry.
- Constantly building the ministry team
- Helping people complete the application process; collecting record checks and volunteer covenants
- Facilitating training and mentorship events
- Communicating and scheduling with NewLife staff team, and with all volunteers each week and as needed to ensure the ministry smooth functions smoothly.
- Developing a schedule in advance for each ministry cycle
- Sending weekly emails to all volunteers
- Providing contact information from new families to staff team for follow-up
- Setting up all classrooms and supplies for the volunteer team each Sunday.
- Emailing lesson plans to each volunteer leader
- Ensuring classrooms are set up, and all supplies for activities are in place
- Keeping the ministry area tidy and safe for children
Curriculum selection will be handled by a team lead selected by the Lead Pastor. The Children’s Ministry Assistant will simply be responsible to administrate the implementation of the curriculum for all ages in coordination with the curriculum team. The priority of NewLife Kids Ministry is that our Sunday morning ministry be Biblically grounded, engaging for kids, and outward focused.
The Children’s Ministry Assistant is accountable to the Lead Pastor. As part of the staff team, this person will participate in weekly staff meetings and strategic planning.
- Monthly meetings with the Lead Pastor for reporting on ministry management and progress will be scheduled.
- Measurable goals will be set, and resource requirements will be evaluated. The church is committed to providing the necessary support for all staff to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of their position.
- A three-month probation period will be in effect for any new hires to evaluate the fit for the role and the suitability of the job description.
The Children’s Ministry Assistant will be paid $16.00 an hour plus holiday pay as per Saskatchewan Labour Guidelines. The Role is designed for 12 hours per week.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.