- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterised by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Our mission is to guide people to move up and out in New Life in Jesus Christ.
“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” Jesus said to him, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ (Matthew 22:36 - 39 NET)
Moving Up – Loving the Lord our God as a first priority in our lives.
Moving Out – Loving the people around us with God’s love.
Moving up means starting a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
Moving up means showing up to worship God together.
Moving up means stepping up to grow in our relationship with God through daily connection with Him in His Word and through prayer.
Moving out means showing up to love and care for others within the family of God – the church.
Moving out means stepping up to serve others with the gifts and abilities God has given us.
Moving out means we pursue those who don’t know God and share the good news of Jesus with them.
NewLife is a church driven by the commission of Jesus Christ recorded in Matthew 28:18-20:
Then Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
A disciple is a follower of Jesus who has surrendered their life in faith to God and who are obediently committed to following the path that Jesus leads them. It is a journey which happens step by step. None of us at NewLife have achieved perfection, but we are moving closer to Jesus every day and becoming like Him more and more and we move up and out in New Life in Jesus Christ.
No matter where you are in life – no matter what you’ve done – God stands ready to welcome you into this experience of New Life in Jesus Christ. At NewLife, we make this a priority. Come journey together with us and experience the transformational power of God through Jesus.
NewLife was founded in 1991, and is affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference.