Our mission is to guide people to move up and out in New Life in Jesus Christ.
“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” Jesus said to him, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ (Matthew 22:36 - 39 NET)
Moving Up – Loving the Lord our God as a first priority in our lives.
Moving Out – Loving the people around us with God’s love.
Moving up means...
- starting a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- showing up to worship God together.
- stepping up to grow in our relationship with God through daily connection with Him in His Word and through prayer.
Moving out means...
- showing up to love and care for others within the family of God – the church.
- stepping up to serve others with the gifts and abilities God has given us.
- pursuing those who don’t know God and share the good news of Jesus with them.
New Life in Jesus Christ is Essential.
The Gospel is the starting point for everyone’s spiritual journey. We all begin our up and out adventure with this significant step of faith.
The Bible is Vital.
We believe that God’s Word is the way we experience new life in Jesus every single day. We believe God's Word is absolutely true and communicates God’s heart and will for His people. We build our lives and our ministries on the truth of the Bible and encourage learning and application and obedience to God’s Word.
Relationships are Crucial.
Every person matters at NewLife. We choose to love one another and to demonstrate that we are Christ’s disciples through healthy, meaningful, interdependent relationships. Newcomers are welcomed and accepted within our church family.
Outreach is Critical.
Jesus came to seek and save the lost – as His followers we continue His mission. People without Jesus are lost and walking in darkness – God has given us the mandate to bring to them the good news of new life (transformation) through Jesus Christ.
NewLife was founded in 1991, and is affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference.